Monday, September 04, 2006

EAR INFECTIONS

they say that a toddler doesn't understand that his mother isn't an exension of himself. Well, I beg to differ. If I were an extension of Kai in his perception of me, he wouldn't be waking up every morning for the past 3 day and giving me a firm slap across the face. Boy! Is he angry with me. His whole little face gets this scrunched up pissed off look and he slaps me, first thing in the morning. As far as he's concerned, the ear infection he's been dealing with all week is my fault and therefore I need to be slapped. I really feel sorry for him. He's been in a lot of pain. It's something to see him angry though. I mean, you have to marvel at the development of intent and emotion in a child that only a few months ago didn't know anything beyond crying to get a response. Now he's very aware of me as an individual whom he thinks is causing him pain. SLAP!

No comments: