Friday, September 21, 2007

Monster Trap Night Two

So tonight the monster trap has Swiss cheese and a chocolate truffle. Kai decided that we needed to give the monster the truffle because he feels bad that the monster is scared of him. Sigh. My sister made some great suggestions about how to make this fun again so I'm going to try it.

He was so exhausted tonight. Fell asleep on his own. His sleep patterns have been totally haywire the past 2 - 3 weeks. Mine as well. I've been going through a very rough reorganization at work. It's been very stressful. Added to that I'm traveling on business alone without him for the first time. We've never been separated before. It's all just made for a lot of stress that he's picked up on translating in to him not going to bed until 10:00 at night, even later a few times. He's used to going to bed at 8:00 every night so this has been extreme. He's just been a train wreck. Anyway, we've been getting back to a normal sleep schedule and he's feeling better but this monster catching thing has really grabbed him for some reason. I think he's lonely. He woke up this morning and told me he didn't want to die like his grandfather. Sigh.

I'm going to see if I can put together something exciting for him to find in the monster trap tomorrow to cheer him up about the fact that there won't be a monster in there in the morning.

No comments: