Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Post "I Love You" Impact 2-13-2007

And what happened then...?
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys!
And the food for the feast!
And he...
...HE HIMSELF...!
The Grinch carved the roast beast!

So once the Grinch's heart grew and grew and grew it became large enough to love more than one...

I don't know what happened in that moment when Kai told me he loved me but I felt a love so big it wrapped round the concept of family. I've been on the fence for so long about having more than one child. For 20 years I believed that I couldn't have more than one because, like my mother, I'd play favorites, and even possibly reject one for the others as she did.

In that moment. That one moment where Kai showed me how to love, I knew my love for all my children would just be bigger, that's all. I'd heard moms say it. Your love gets bigger to make room for more, but I'd never understood. Now I do.

No comments: